I am sick. While in the midst of my summer adventures. And 75 miles from home. Yay me! What have I chosen to do all day?
- Worry about how much I need to go to the gym, do dishes, and clean up my now roommate-less room
- Briefly glance at job openings for when Cedar Point comes to a close
- Attempt and fail at registering for classes at Cuyahoga Community College
- Go to the doctor, to no avail because Flonase allergy medication has not helped my supposedly non-infection sinus issues
- Take pictures of the fly I’ve come to think of as a pet because it spent a whole episode (I think the second of four so far) of Criminal Minds on the corner of my laptop. If I sleep on the couch tonight, it will also try to curl up with me. It’s buzzing is more annoying than dogs barking, so it will be swatted away.
- Listen to the singular cricket stuck in the heating vent in the living room and thought about the melancholy chirping of a single cricket with no chance of escape, since I have no way to get it out or even see it in the vent, and it has no friends trapped with it. This would be day two of imprisonment. Also, I think the chirping has stopped. Which makes me sad and grateful all at the same time. Hopefully, because it died of natural causes, it will not be bad luck for me.
- Eat a bunch of stove-top and prepackaged food because I have no desire or energy to find something healthier, which is why #1 happens a lot.
- Brought in supplies for a miniature gardening project, except half the plants I bought might be dead because I waited so long, so the supplies might sit in my room for a while now that they’ve sat in my car for about two weeks.
- Coughed, sneezed, and blown my nose so many times that I might already be close to filling the trash can with a box of used tissues.
- Contemplated religion, humanity, the lessons of Harry Potter and how much I want to be J.K. Rowling, the sadness of my financial situation, fear of the future specific to myself and general to all of humanity
So I’d say it’s been a fairly productive day for being sick and not wanting to pass germs on to people at work. At least my brain has been working hard. Or as someone so politely put it, I’m going stir crazy. I did shower, dress, and brush my teeth, so life can’t be too bad, right?